If you have found the passenger list for your British ancestor in the Ellis Island database, you’ve only gotten your hands on part of the story. There are outgoing passenger lists from the UK to the US available and www.Findmypast.com has added them to their offerings.
Findmypast has announced the expansion of its U.S. records to include World War I Draft cards and outgoing passenger lists from the UK to United States, among others.
Findmypast.com has also made news recently with the announcement of a new partnership with Federation of Genealogical Societies to preserve and digitize local U.S. records from genealogical societies around the country including newspapers and obituaries, bible records, cemetery records and birth, marriage and death records.
New records that have been added or will be added during 2012 include:
· World War I Draft Cards
· Outbound UK Passenger Lists (BT27)
· Genealogical society materials
· 1940 Census records
The new records join nearly 1,000 existing unique and international record collections including:
· England Royal Household Records
· Most complete England, Wales and Scotland census collection available online
· British Army service records
· Unique Irish prison and court records
· Irish military and rebellion records
· Millions more records and specialist records that cannot be found anywhere else and many sets dating back to 1200 AD