Do you know about the Julian calendar and how it can REALLY throw your genealogy research off?
I knew about this but I’ve never heard it explained as simply as Margery Bell does in the Family History podcast episode 43, just republished and re-released on the Genealogy Gems website. Click on the link to see show notes from the episode with a great summary of what the Julian calendar is and how it can affect your research.
In this podcast episode you’ll learn things like:
- the definition of “double-dating” in the historical calendar and how to interpret those dates;
- the fact that different countries switched over from the Julian calendar at greatly different times;
- why Washington’s birthdate, as recorded in his family Bible, is not the birthdate celebrated today in the U.S.;
- why several days are missing from the 1752 calendar;
- how to translate dates from the Julian calendar to today’s Gregorian calendar.
I hope you enjoy this FREE podcast episode! And why not share it with a genealogy buddy? It’s a great topic for beginning and more experienced family history researchers.