Do you have old home movies, footage of oral history interviews or any other type of family history video to keep track of? I recently heard from Ricky with this question:
Q: How do I add video to Evernote?
A: Thankfully, it’s easy on your computer:
- Open Evernote.
- Click New Note button.
- Open Windows Explorer and resize so you can see both the window and Evernote.
- Locate the desired video on your hard drive.
- click on the video and drag and drop it on to the new note.
From your mobile device when you have the Evernote app installed:
- Locate the video (ex. on the iPhone open Video app).
- Tap Share icon.
- Select Email.
- Start to type “ever” and your unique Evernote email address associated with your Evernote account should auto-fill.
This will send the video to Evernote as a new note.
Keep in mind that video files are very large so take up a lot of your monthly upload limit. If you are a Premium Member, that’s not so much of a problem.
How to Get Started in Evernote, and the Ultimate Evernote Education
My Evernote for Genealogists quick reference guide is available for both Mac and Windows users (purchase the one that goes with your computer’s operating system, not your mobile device). Click to download it!
Genealogy Gems Premium members can also access exclusive full-length videos on how to use Evernote for family history, like:
- How the Genealogist can Remember Everything with Evernote(Beginner);
- How to Organize Your Research with Evernote (Intermediate);
- Making Evernote Effortless (Intermediate)
- Collaborative Genealogy with Evernote (Intermediate);
- Using Evernote to Create a Research Plan (Advanced).
Not a Premium member yet? The Evernote video series alone makes Premium membership worth the low annual fee, but you get SO much more! Learn more here.