2 Evernote for Genealogists Must-Have Tips
Evernote is certainly the fastest-growing (and FREE) note-taking technology out there, so it’s no wonder that it is incredibly popular with genealogists. But there’s a lot packed into it and I’ve noticed that many genealogists aren’t taking full advantage. Here’s are two of my favorite tips that I use all the time from my brand new Evernote for Windows for Genealogists cheat sheet:
1) Create a New Note: When you’re working on your computer and you want to make a quick note of something in Evernote, you can get there with lightening speed by pressing these quick keys simultaneously: Ctrl+Alt+n.
2) Instant Note Search: What if you are knee deep in your research and you have a note that you need to quickly reference? Simply press Win+Shift+f from anywhere on your computer and Evernote will instantly open with your cursor in the search box ready to type a keyword and search!
Try these Evernote tips now! And then get LOADs more helpful tips in this 4 page laminated Quick Reference Guide, like:
- Getting Started Checklist
- Quick Keys to speed up your use of Evernote
- Specialized Note-taking Actions
- How to Get the Most Out of Clipping
- Tips for Maneuvering the Desktop Client
- Genealogical Organization Suggestions
- Little Known Search Strategies
- Source Citation Tips, and Using Reminders
Evernote for Windows for Genealogists – U.S. shipping
Evernote for Windows for Genealogists – International shipping
How to Get Started in Evernote, and the Ultimate Evernote Education
How to Add Text to a Web Clipping in Evernote
Should Evernote be my Digital Archive?